Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Virus On Its Own

The Structure of The Virus
The structure of the HIV cell is two copies of single-stranded RNA enclosed by a conical capsid comprising the viral protein p24.

How Does The Virus Attach Itself To a Host Cell?

HIV attaches to its host cell when it comes into contact with a T-cell. It then must attach itself to the cell so that it is able to fuse with the cell and inject its genetic material. The attachment is a specific bonding between the proteins on the surface of the virus and proteins that serve as receptors on the surface of the T-cell, these receptors are normally used to help to cell communicate with other cells.

The Process The Virus Undergoes To Replicate

When HIV cells replicate they go through a process of budding. Budding is the formation of a new organism by the protrusion of part of another organism, because of this the daughter cell is identical to the parent cell. First HIV genetic material is gathered up with newly made HIV proteins and enzymes to form new viral particles which are then released from the cell. Then an enzymes protease chops up long strands of protein into smaller pieces which are then used to construct mature viral cores. Finally the matured cores are ready to infect other cells and begin the replication process all over again. The process is very quick and spreads very rapidly through out the human body.


References
Information

http://www.avert.org/virus.htm
This site was very informative with lots of knowledgeable information and was very helpful answering many of my questions.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIV_structure_and_genome
This site was seemed very accurate and detailed allowing me to learn many things about the HIV cell and was very helpful assisting me to answer questions.

Pictures
http://discover8.com/public/images/upload_article_images/080221183340.jpg
http://www.stanford.edu/group/virus/retro/2005gongishmail/hiv2.jpg
http://www.vircolab.com/content/backgrounders/www.vircolab.com/hiv_virus.gif

11 comments:

  1. Your blog has well constructed information and good pictures showing HIV. I think you could have had a bit more info but what information is there, is very good.
    Good job Ashley =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good so far! What is budding? How does it go from an RNA viral genome to using incorporating into the DNA genome of the host?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good information. Is this an example of the lytic cycle or the lysogenic cycle?

    ReplyDelete
  4. whoa! seriously a laarge amount of info.I felt like i was reading a harry potter book.... anyways it was well constructed and the information was definately there. So there is no way to cure it eh? thats shitty. What are some good ways to prevent the disease from spreading throughout the human population?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of information and it is well presented. Pictures are good and everything seems to be in place. Are they close to finding a cure for this virus?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The structure of a virus compared to the structure of E. Coli is that a virus has its nulcleic acids inside of a protein coat called a capsid while E. Coli is created in the body and can be very dangerous it ingested

    ReplyDelete
  7. So far they are trying to find a cure but I was unable to find any progress made. In terms of preventing it from spreading don't share needles, have protected sex and if there is any chance of you being exposed get tested right away because you may be able to save a couple years of you life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job girls! answers all of the questions and has lots of good pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. really informative and easy to read, good job girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was during my research on HIV/Herpes that I stumbled upon the Hiv/Herpes information; information which is quite easy to find when doing a search for STD on google. I was into conspiracy at the time thought of HIV/Herpes Cured' being a conspiracy was something Ignorance though,I found pretty interesting about herbal medicine. I asked questions about the Herbal cure's on official HIV/Herpes websites and I was banned for doing so by moderators who told me that I was parroting Hiv/Herpes propaganda. This reinforced my belief that there is a cure for Hiv/Herpes Then i found a lady from germany name Achima Abelard Dr Itua Cure her Hiv so I send him a mail about my situation then talk more about it and send me his herbal medicine I drank for two weeks.And today I'm Cured no Hiv/Herpes in my life,I searched for Hiv/Herpes groups to attempt to make contact with people in order to learn more about Hiv/Herpes Herbal Cure's I believed at this time that you with the same disease this information is helpful to you and I wanted to do the best I could to spread this information in the hopes of helping other people.That Dr Itua Herbal Medicine makes me believes there is a hope for people suffering from,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Infertility, ,Epilepsy ,Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpes,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Copd,Diabetes,Hepatitis,I read about him online how he cure Tasha and Tara,Conley,Mckinney and many more suffrin from all kind of disease so i contacted him . He's a herbal doctor with a unique heart of God, Contact Emal..drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Phone or whatsapp..+2348149277967.

    ReplyDelete
  11. REAL CURE ON HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS AND HIV some times we just need to give a try to herbal Medicine to see for our self. I am very happy today that i do not listen to what people say if not i would have been a dead man by now. I was infected with HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS in 2014, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution,  so I was thinking how can I get a solution out so that my body can be okay. One day I was in the office thinking where I can go to get solution. so a lady walked to me telling me why am I so sad and i open up all to her telling her my problem, she told me that she can help me out, she introduce me to a doctor who uses herbal medication to cure HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS, HIV, HPV  and many more disease and she gave me his email, so i mail him. He told me all the things I need to do and send me the herbal medicine through courier delivering service and also give me instructions to take, which I followed properly. Before I knew what is happening after 3 weeks the HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS that was in my body got vanished and blister dried off . I went to the hospital for a test and it was negative. this man is real and he is the solution to herpes virus. so if you are also heart broken and also need a help, you can also email him herbalcure12@gmail.com. (call or whatsapp +2349036036397  according to this great DR he can also cure HIV, ALS,CANCER, COLD SORE, HPV AND DIABETES

    ReplyDelete